Mixing ratio: 1L water to 2kg RocWall Base Coat.
Working and setting times
|Product||Working time (minutes)||Setting time (minutes)|
|Base Coat 20||Approx 15||20-35|
|Base Coat 45||Approx 30||45-60|
|Base Coat 60||Approx 45||60-80|
|Base Coat 90||Approx 70||90-120|
|Base Coat 150||Approx 120||150-180|
- Fill gaps of more than 4mm with RocWall Base Coat and allow to set.
- Using a 150mm broad knife, evenly fill the recess with RocWall Base Coat.
- Roll out paper tape, press it firmly into RocWall Base Coat to expel trapped air.
- Apply a skim coat of RocWall Base Coat over the tape and allow to set.
- Apply a second coat of RocWall Base Coat with a 200mm curved trowel.
- Feather the edges to remove excess RocWall Base Coat and allow this coat to set and dry.
- Apply a top coat of RocWall MPC or RocWall TOP using a 280mm curved trowel.
- Sand lightly when dry.
Keep the container closed to prevent compound from drying out.
Wash tools with water before product dries and/or hardens.
Use RocWall MPC or RocWall TOP for finishing plasterboard joints.
Health and Safety Precautions
Avoid exposure to excessive dust and always wear a safety mask complying with NZS/AS 1715 & 1716 when mixing or sanding this product.
Spilt material should be left to harden and disposed of to a landfill. Do not flush down drains. Packaging should be disposed of to a landfill.
If ingested, please contact the National Poisons Information line on 13 11 26.
Eye Contact: Flush material from eyes with large quantities of water. Contact a doctor if irritation persists.
Ingestion: May cause obstruction of the intestine when plaster hardens. Contact a doctor immediately.
Inhalation: Leave the area of dust exposure and remain well away until coughing and other symptoms subside.
Skin contact: Wash with mild soap and water. Use a commercially available lotion to treat dry skin areas. If cracking of the skin occurs, treat appropriately to prevent infection and promote healing.