Working and drying times
Weather conditions and temperature can affect drying times and will vary accordingly.
Until the compound is completely set, temperatures of 10°C should be maintained for water, air and surfaces.
|RocWall Cornice Cement 45
|RocWall Cornice Cement 90
- Always begin with clean water and equipment.
- For every 2kg of compound, add 1.1 – 1.2L of water.
- Place water into a suitable container and slowly pour compound into water.
- Mix to a toothpaste-like consistency and allow to soak for approximately 2-3 minutes then adjust if needed.
Note: it is easier to adjust a thicker mix than a runny mix.
Ensure no loose material or dust will interfere.
Using chalk, mark the walls and ceilings to ensure precise placement of cornice.
Before commencement, it is recommended to measure and cut cornice using a quality fine tooth saw and mitre box.
- Apply the adhesive along the parallel edges and mitre of the cornice, approx 10mm thick.
- Firmly place across the junction of wall and ceiling within your previously marked guidelines.
- Ensure a proper bond is achieved.
- If wary of uneven surfaces or inconsistent mixture, consider aiding adhesion through the use of temporary fixing (i.e. screws) until the cornice is sufficiently bonded and supporting itself.
- Using a small tool or broad knife, remove any excess cement from the perimeter and clean area with a damp cloth or sponge.
- Leave to dry before decorating.
Health and Safety Precautions
Avoid exposure to excessive dust and always wear a safety mask complying with NZS/AS 1715 & 1716 when mixing or sanding this product.
Spilt material should be left to harden and disposed of to a landfill. Do not flush down drains. Packaging should be disposed of to a landfill.
If ingested, please contact the National Poisons Information line on 13 11 26.
Eye Contact: Flush material from eyes with large quantities of water. Contact a doctor if irritation persists.
Ingestion: May cause obstruction of the intestine when plaster hardens. Contact a doctor immediately.
Inhalation: Leave the area of dust exposure and remain well away until coughing and other symptoms subside.
Skin contact: Wash with mild soap and water. Use a commercially available lotion to treat dry skin areas. If cracking of the skin occurs, treat appropriately to prevent infection and promote healing.